If you’re looking for a fun idea for a graduation party, how about a graduation-themed candy buffet? My son has a big sweet tooth, so he absolutely loved the candy buffet I did for his high school graduation party. (Of course, the little kids who attended seemed to linger around the candy buffet, too!)
A candy buffet doesn’t take a lot of time to pull together, but it makes a big impact. The adults got a good laugh reading the names of the candy. And the kids enjoyed eating it!
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.)
Here’s what you need to buy:
- 8 Small Containers (I got mine at the dollar store)
- 8 Chalkboard Labels
- Chalk or a Chalk Marker
- Tootsie Rolls
- Dum-Dums Suckers
- Starburst candies
- Smarties candy rolls
- Gummy worms
- Miniature 100 Grand Candy Bars
- Small boxes of Nerds candy
To assemble the Candy Buffet:
1. Write the following candy names on the chalkboard labels. (Note: I used a chalk marker because it is more durable than regular chalk. Chalk can be smeared or erased if it’s touched. Chalk markers can only be erased with a wet towel. With so many hands reaching for the candy, I didn’t want to take the chance of the labels getting messed up accidentally.
- Honor Rolls
- You’re No Dum-Dum
- Reach for the Stars
- Class Rings
- Smarty Pants
- Book Worms
- Student Loans
2. Attach the labels to the containers. The labels have an attached clothespin, so this is easy to do.
3. Fill the containers with candy. Here’s a list of the candies and their respective labels:
- Honor Rolls: Tootsie Rolls
- You’re No Dum-Dum: Dum-Dums Suckers
- Reach for the Stars: Starbursts
- Class Rings: Ring Pops
- Smarty Pants: Smarties
- Book Worms: Gummy Worms
- Student Loans: 100 Grand Candy Bars
- Nerds: Nerds candy boxes
That’s all there is to it! Your guests (and your graduate) will love this novelty graduation-themed candy buffet. It really adds a festive touch to the graduation festivities! I hope you enjoy this sweet idea!
Want more graduation party ideas? Check out my FREE Printable Water Bottle Labels to add another great touch to your celebration.
Other posts you might enjoy: