Christmas is a time of giving, so most of us will soon be buying gifts for those we love. How much do you plan to spend this Christmas? The average American is expected to spend $1,226 this holiday season. And, for the first time ever, consumers will spend more of their shopping budget online than in the stores. (Source)
(DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY HERE.)
I love shopping online! Not only can I shop from the comfort of my couch, I don’t even have to wait in line. And best of all, my purchases are delivered right to my door! Plus, I’m able to earn money back on my online purchases using Ebates. So far, I’ve earned $235.12 just by doing the shopping I would have done anyway! Ebates is very simple to use and takes just a few seconds! Plus, Ebates is totally FREE!
How does Ebates earn money?
Ebates is an affiliate for over 2,000 stores. When Ebates sends a customer to a store’s website, that store pays Ebates a commission. Ebates in turn gives half of its commission to you. Ebates has been paying its customers cash back on purchases since 1999!
Here’s how it works:
- Whenever I shop online, I go to the Ebates website first and click on the store where I want to shop.
- I see a pop-up confirmation letting me know that I’m ready to shop and earn Cash Back at that store.
- Ebates takes me to that store’s webpage and I do my shopping as usual.
- The store lets Ebates know that I made a purchase. (Depending on the store, this can take from a few hours to several days.) I will earn a percentage of cash back from that purchase.
- Within a couple of days, Ebates emails me to let me know how much I earned.
- Every three months, Ebates sends me the Cash Back that I’ve earned in a Big Fat Check or via PayPal. (I use the PayPal option because it’s quicker than waiting for a check to arrive by mail.)
That’s all there is to it! Ebates doesn’t even ask you to fill out forms or earn points. The stores pay Ebates a commission for sending you to their websites, and Ebates shares it with you. It’s a win-win! Ebates will even give you a $10 Welcome Bonus just for signing up!
Use the Cash Back Button So You Won’t Forget To Use Ebates
In the past, I’ve occasionally forgotten to use Ebates when I shop. It is so frustrating to know I’ve missed out on Cash Back! That’s why I really love the new Ebates Cash Back Button that you can add to your browser. While I’m shopping, the Cash Back Button proactively reminds me to “Activate Cash Back,” and even alerts me to coupons that the store offers. No more forgetting to use Ebates!
As I said, Ebates is affiliated with over 2,000 stores. You can see a few of them pictured below. You’ll notice that the Cash Back amount varies from store to store. Around the holidays, Ebates offers Double Cash Back during select time periods.
If you’ve never tried Ebates before, you really should start this holiday season! You’ll earn cash back on your holiday purchases and get the $10 Welcome Bonus! Click the green button below to get started!
I’ve always loved to shop, but it’s even more fun when I’m getting paid to shop!